THE MYSTERY CHOCOLATE CHALLENGE
Competition opening date 17 September, 2018
We all know that wines, olive oils and coffees taste different – it is the same with cocoa beans. We are running the Mystery Chocolate Challenge with our friends at Great British Chefs. For a chance to win A Year’s Supply of Chocolate, see if you can identify the flavour notes in our different single estate dark chocolates.
How to get the chocolates
Click here to get the Mystery Chocolate Box for the special price of £9.99 + P&P. This is a letterbox sized pack that we will send to you containing 6 single estate dark chocolate bars simply marked with letters.
Using the flavour map and notes provided, you will need to identify which of the bars A-E are which of the following chocolates
- Venezuelan Rio Caribe 72, notes of nuts and coffee
- Venezuelan Las Trincheras 72, smooth nutty notes
- Peruvian Chulucanas 70, notes of raisins and plums
- Madagascan Sambirano 71, lively summer fruit notes
- Indonesian Surabaya 69, intense caramel notes
It also contains Bar X, a new chocolate from a rare and wonderful bean that we have just a few sacks of, and we have made into a limited edition chocolate.
You simply need to come up with a short phrase of up to 5 words describing its flavour notes.
How to enter
Go to www.surveymonkey.com/r/mysterychoc and spend a couple of minutes answering the questions online.
Competition closes and all answers must be in by midnight December 2nd 2018.
The Winners and The Prizes
The winners will have correctly identified Bars A-E and created the best flavour description of Bar X.
The winner will receive a year’s supply of chocolate worth about £450, sent in 4 seasonally appropriate deliveries, and their flavour description on the packaging of the new chocolate bar which will be sold on our website.
5 runners up will receive Sweet Dreams hampers worth £29.99 each
Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents, aged 18 and over, excluding employees of Willie’s Cacao, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected with the management of the prize draw.
- No purchase necessary. The prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent for the prize is permitted.
- To enter, complete the submission requirements within the dates as stated on the entry page.
- Closing Date: 23:59 on 2 December 2018
- Only one entry per person – only completed registrations during the specific promotional period will be entitled to be entered into the draw.
- The Prize
A year’s supply of chocolate for one person worth about £450. Based on the rough guide that the average UK consumer eats 11kg of chocolate a year, this will be at least 11kg of chocolates. It will be delivered in 4 quarterly deliveries and include a range of all the types of chocolate produced by Willie’s Cacao. The winner can state a general preference for the types of chocolate they most like or say if there are things they definitely don’t like, Willie’s Cacao will try to accommodate these preferences but cannot guarantee to be able to give exactly what is requested if it is not available at the time.
The winner will also have their phrase describing the new Mystery Chocolate featured on the label of the chocolate when it is sold on the Willie’s Cacao website.
The 5 runner’s up: The Sweet Dreams chocolate hamper as featured on the Willie’s Cacao website
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of prizes unless otherwise stated.
- Willie’s Cacao Ltd may disallow entries, refuse to award any prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant’s fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these terms and conditions.
- For details of the winner please email moc.oacacseilliwnull@liam within four weeks of the closing date.
- No cash or other alternative to the stated prize is available, except in the event of unforeseen circumstances the stated prize is no longer available; Willie’s Cacoa Ltd reserves the right to provide a similar prize or a prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners will be selected from all valid entries within 7 working days of the closing date.
- Winners will be notified in writing using the email address submitted to enter the competition within 14 days of the end of the competition. The winner must then confirm acknowledgment by return email within 30 days or they will lose their entitlement to the prize. Unclaimed prizes will be void and may be used for future prize draws.
- Willie’s Cacao Ltd reserves the right to suspend / terminate any competition at any time if it has reasonable grounds for doing so, which may include without limitation a competition (or the website on which it is presented) being subject to, or affected by, any denial-of service (DOS) attacks, bugs, viruses or any other technologically harmful material or act of hacking by a third party, or in the event of any wilful attempt to breach these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by law, Willie’s Cacao Ltd, and third parties connected to Willie’s Cacao Ltd hereby expressly exclude: all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any entrant or winner in connection with any prize draw or any entry.
- As a condition of your entry into any prize draw, you agree to indemnify us and our affiliates, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, other expenses (including costs and legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting directly or indirectly from such entry.
Registered Address: Willie’s Cacao Ltd, Custom House, The Strand, Barnstaple, EX31 1EU