Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins Serves: makes 800ml
Drink this as a dessert or with a dessert or after a dessert. Either way it is stunningly delicious. You can taste the flavour notes of whatever cacao you use. I happen to enjoy the raisin notes of the Chulucanas in my vodka, but you may have a different favourite.
- Sterilise your jar or bottle with boiling water and shake out the water.
- Unless you are using chocolate buttons, break the chocolate into small pieces so it melts quicker.
- Put the chocolate, sugar and vodka into a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat really gently over a really low heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from the heat and pour into your bottle or jar.
- You can store for several years.
- Serve at just above body temperature in small glasses. To warm, stand the bottle in a bowl of hot water for about 5 minutes, shaking occasionally.