El Tesoro Mousse Cake
Prep Time: 30 mins Cooking Time: 30 mins Serves: 12
180g 100% cacao, finely grated. Suggestion, Colombian Black 100% Los Llanos Cacao
(Alternatively, use 260g of a dark chocolate like Venezuelan Rio Caribe 72 and reduce the sugar by 80g)
250g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
200g raw cane sugar
25-cm springform cake tin
Share & Print
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lightly grease, then line the cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the cacao and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar until pale, thick and fluffy. Pour in the cacao and butter mixture and beat to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the lined cake tin and smooth over the top to even out. Stand in a roasting tin, then pour enough freshly boiled water into the roasting tin to come halfway up the sides of the cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until set. Remove from the oven. Take out of the roasting tin and leave to cool completely in the cake tin on a wire rack.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. To help loosen the cake from the tin, insert the warmed blade of a knife all around the edges of the cake just before attempting to remove it.