FRUIT CHOCOLATE DIPPER RECIPEPrep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: Serves: 8
The perfect end to a Valentine’s Day dinner, for when you really can’t eat any more but don’t want to stop either!
150 g 70% dark chocolate roughly chopped Peruvian Chulucanas 70
150 g white chocolate roughly chopped. El Blanco
150 g 70% dark chocolate roughly chopped. Suggestion: Venezuelan Rio Caribe 72
150 g Sea Flakes milk chocolate
200gr Big dates
Papaya, sliced into long pieces
Peaches, sliced into long pieces
For the Dippers:
Any fruits and nuts can be used but we have matched the ingredients to the flavour notes of the chocolate
- Peaches and papaya sliced into long pieces with Peruvian Gold Chulucanas 70 dark chocolate
- Raspberries or strawberries with El Blanco white chocolate
- Macademia nuts with Sea Flakes, milk chocolate with sea salt
- Almonds with Rio Caribe 72 dark chocolate
For Dates filled with Cherry ganache:
150 g Peruvian Gold Chulucanas 70, roughly chopped
150 ml double cream
100 g amarena cherries, drained and chopped (Fabbri are the best, but use any good sour cherry preserved in syrup)
For the Dates with Cherry Ganache
- Next make the ganache. Slowly add the cream to a bowl of melted Peruvian Gold Chulucanas 70, stirring until they are well combined.
- When the mixture is combined, add the cherries.
- Cut a small line along the length of the dates and remove the stones. Pipe the ganache into the dates.
For the dippers
- Melt the chocolate in heatproof bowls set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Use a separate bowl for each type of chocolate.
- Dip raspberries or strawberries in El Blanco, and the peaches and papaya in Peruvian Gold Chulucanas 70. For larger pieces of fruit such as peach or papaya, hold onto one end and dip the other into the chocolate. Leave to set on greaseproof paper in the fridge.
- Dip the macadamia nuts in melted Sea Flakes chocolate, and the almonds in Rio Caribe 72. To dip the nuts, use two sharply pointed cocktail sticks. Stick one into the nut and dip into the chocolate, and use the other to push the nut off the stick and onto the greaseproof paper. This also works for smaller fruits and berries.
- Experiment! Try playing with combinations of different fruits and nuts with chocolate and find what works for you