Gooey Chocolate Puddings
Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serves: Makes 6-8
180g 100% cacao, finely grated. Suggestion, Colombian Black 100% Los Llanos Cacao
(Alternatively, use 260g of a dark chocolate like Peruvian Chulucanas 70 and reduce the sugar by 80g)
200g unsalted butter
175g raw cane sugar
40g ground almonds
6 x 125ml or 8 x 100ml ramekins
Share & Print
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Grease the inside of the ramekins with a little butter.
- Melt the cacao and butter by placing them, along with 60g of the raw cane sugar, in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the remaining raw cane sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Stir the ground almonds into the melted cacao and butter until evenly combined, then gradually fold this mixture into the eggs.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15minutes, or until well risen and starting to split on top.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. For an adults-only twist, top each serving with some dried fruit that has been soaked in alcohol, such as apricots in brandy or raisins in rum.