Gooey Chocolate Puddings
Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serves: Makes 6-8
260g dark chocolate, like Rio Caribe 72 for the classic rich dark taste, or Chulucanas 70 if you like it fruitier
200g unsalted butter
95g raw cane sugar
40g ground almonds
*or you can use 180g 100% Cacao and add an extra 80g of sugar
6 x 125ml or 8 x 100ml ramekins
Share & Print
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Grease the inside of the ramekins with a little butter.
- Melt the cacao and butter by placing them, along with 60g of sugar, in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the remaining raw cane sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Stir the ground almonds into the melted cacao and butter until evenly combined, then gradually fold this mixture into the eggs.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15minutes, or until well risen and starting to split on top.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with or without cream. For an adults-only twist, top each serving with some dried fruit that has been soaked in alcohol, such as apricots in brandy or raisins in rum.