GOOEY CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serves: Makes 6-8
Here’s an all-time classic: a dynamite of a warm, gooey pudding in portions that you don’t have to share. It’s also easy to make.
200g unsalted butter
95g raw cane sugar
40g ground almonds
*or you can use 180g 100% Cacao and add an extra 80g of sugar
6 x 125ml or 8 x 100ml ramekins
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Grease the inside of the ramekins with a little butter.
- Melt the cacao and butter by placing them, along with 60g of sugar, in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the remaining raw cane sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Stir the ground almonds into the melted cacao and butter until evenly combined, then gradually fold this mixture into the eggs.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15minutes, or until well risen and starting to split on top.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with or without cream. For an adults-only twist, top each serving with some dried fruit that has been soaked in alcohol, such as apricots in brandy or raisins in rum.