Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 0 Serves: 4
90g 100% cacao. Suggestion, Peruvian Black, Chulucanas cacao. But experiment to find your favourite!
2 tablespoons of raw cane sugar
Step by step photographic guide
Share & Print
- Place the cacao and water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring frequently, then lower the heat immediately and simmer gently for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens a little.
- Remove from the heat and whisk well with an electric beater to create a light foam.
- Serve hot.
- Aztec hot chocolate: add 1 teaspoon of chilli powder while heating
- Cinnamon hot chocolate: add a cinnamon stick while heating
- Vanilla hot chocolate: add a vanilla pod while heating
- Children’s hot chocolate: heat 50g of milk of the Gods with 250 ml of milk. Whisk and top with whipped cream
- Rum Chocolate: add 6 tablespoons of rum (to your taste) at the end of the heating; top with whipped cream