Puy Lentil and Roast Tomato Salad
Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins Serves: 4
250g small vine tomatoes, halved
olive oil, to drizzle
200g puy lentils
200g french beans or string beans, topped and tailed
½ garlic clove, crushed
5 tbsp cacao dressing
Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
For the cacao dressing:
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 tbsp 100% cacao finely grated. Suggestion, Peruvian Black100% Chulucanas Cacao
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Share & Print
- To make the dressing, warm the sherry vinegar in a small pan and add the grated cacao. Mix until the cacao dissolves into the vinegar. Pour into a small bowl, season with salt and black pepper, then whisk in the oil. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan). Put the tomatoes, cut-sides up, on a small baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 15–20 minutes or until slightly browned but still firm.
- Meanwhile, put the lentils in a pan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil then simmer for 15–20 minutes until just tender. Blanch the beans in a pan of boiling, salted water for 3 minutes until just tender, then refresh under cold water to hold their colour.
- Drain the lentils, then toss with the garlic and cacao dressing. Season.
- Fold the beans and parsley and most of the roasted tomatoes through the lentils. Garnish the top of the salad with the remaining tomato halves, and serve.