ANNA’S JEWEL, CHOCOLATE FRUITS AND NUTS BITES
Prep Time: 25 mins Cooking Time: 0 Serves: Makes 40
180g 100% cacao, roughly chopped. Suggestion, Peruvian Black 100% Chulucanas Cacao
100g walnuts, hazelnuts or Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
100g sultanas or raisins, or a mixture
100g crystallized ginger, roughly chopped
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. honey (optional)
Splash of rum or cognac (optional)
shallow baking tin about 18 x 27 cm
Share & Print
- Line a shallow baking tin with cling film so that several centimetres hang over the sides of the tin.
- Melt the cacao in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the nuts, sultanas or raisins and ginger into the melted chocolate until well coated.
- Add the cinnamon, honey and rum or cognac if using, and stir until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Leave overnight in the fridge.
- Gripping the overhanging cling film, lift the set chocolate block out of the tin. Peel off the cling film and chop the block into bite-sized pieces. If stored in a cool place in an airtight container, these keep well for about a month.