Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 0 Serves: 12
180g 100% cacao, finely grated. Suggestion, Venezuelan Black100% Rio Caribe Cacao
(Alternatively use 260g of a dark chocolate like Venezuelan Rio Caribe 72, and reduce the sugar by 80g)
300ml double cream
150g icing sugar
20cm loose-bottomed cake tin or small loaf tin
Share & Print
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin or small loaf tin with cling film.
- Melt the cacao by placing it in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the cream with 50g of the icing sugar.
- Stir the remaining icing sugar into the melted cacao and leave to cool slightly.
- Gradually fold the cacao mixture into the whipped cream, then pour the mixture into the cake or loaf tin. Refrigerate until firm.
- Slice and serve with seasonal berries.
Willie’s Tip: Lining the tin with cling film will help you to remove the tartufo from the tin. Leaving the melted cacao to cool slightly means that the cream won’t collapse when the cacao is added to it