Prep Time: 30 mins Cooking Time: 0 Serves: 8
Tiramisu means ‘pick-me-up’ in Italian, so with cacao it’s a double pick-me-up!
4 eggs, separated
100g golden raw cane sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300ml strong cold black coffee
4 tbsp amaretto or rum
24 savoiardi or lady finger sponge biscuits
25g 100% cacao, finely grated. Suggestion, Cuban Black100% Baracoan Cacao
Share & Print
- Whisk the egg yolks, half the sugar and the vanilla extract together until pale yellow and fluffy. Stir in the mascarpone until smooth and creamy.
- Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt until shiny and stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Pour the coffee and liqueur into a dish and quickly dip the biscuits in it, one by one.
- Arrange a layer of 12 of the moist biscuits in the base of a large rectangular serving dish. Spoon over half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Top with the remaining biscuits and finish with the rest of the mascarpone mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Just before serving, dust with the cacao.