Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 30 mins Cooking Time: 12 mins Serves: Makes 20
180g dark chocolate, roughly chopped. Suggestion, Rio Caribe 72
100g slightly salted butter
150g light muscovado sugar
1 large egg, beaten
120g plain ﬂour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125g each of dark, white and milk chocolate, chopped into small chunks. Suggestion, Rio Caribe 72, El Blanco and Milk of the Gods 44 chocolate
Share & Print
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Melt the Rio Caribe 72 chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and ﬂuﬀy. Blend in the beaten egg, and melted chocolate until well combined.
- Sift the ﬂour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a large bowl, then mix into the butter, sugar and chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the small chunks of chocolate until evenly mixed through.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays, spaced 6–8cam apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10–12 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on the trays, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.