WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING
Prep Time: 30 mins Cooking Time: 40 mins Serves: 6-8
Based on a great British favourite, this is rich and indulgent, creamy and seductive. Everyone will want a second helping.
400ml full-fat milk
400ml double cream
200g white chocolate, roughly chopped. Suggestion, El Blanco
4 large eggs
30g raw cane sugar
2 tbsp. sultanas, soaked in a dark rum or brandy for 1-2 days
30g unsalted butter
½ small baguette loaf, cut into about 24 slices 1cm thick
2-litre baking dish
Share & Print
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C. Lightly grease the inside of the baking dish with a little butter.
- Place the milk and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until pale and creamy, then stir into the cream and chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the preheated baking dish and sprinkle over the sultanas.
- Butter the slices of bread and arrange them over the top of the custard. Place the baking dish in a roasting tin and pour in enough freshly boiled water to come about halfway up the sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until just set. The pudding should still be slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Serve hot or warm. It is fabulous with a little apricot jam, or a scattering of fresh raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar over the top, plus – for total indulgence – a little whipped cream!