WILD WATERCRESS & WILD GARLIC SOUPPrep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins Serves: 4 people
The wild flavours of these foraged ingredients will put some Spring in your step!
You only need look at the colour to know how healthy and flavoursome it is.
300g watercress trimmed off the big stalk (little stalks are fine)*
1 litre of water
Small bunch of wild garlic – about 50g, saving the flowers for garnish
2 discs of Willie’s Chocolate Stock
Seasoning: pinch of sea salt, a grating of nutmeg and black pepper
*never eat raw wild watercress if animals are nearby as it might contain liver fluke
Liquidiser and saucepan
- Warm the water to just above hand temperature, enough to melt the cacao.
- Put all the ingredients apart from the seasonings in the liquidiser, blend until smooth.
- Place in the saucepan and bring to simmering point. * Don’t boil or it will spoil the colour.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Pour into a bowl, garnish with garlic flower and eat with crusty bread