Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serves: Makes 25
Being flourless, these are the lightest, melt in your mouth brownies imaginable.
50g slightly salted butter
55g raw cane sugar
60g roughly chopped macademia or other nuts (optional)
*or you can use 100g 100% cacao and add 45g extra sugar
40cm x 24cm baking tin & baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line the tin with baking paper so it comes up all the sides.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl, set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Stir constantly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Fold in the slightly cooled melted chocolate and butter, then fold in the chopped nuts if using.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until the centre is just firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven, lift out of the tin using the baking paper and allow to cool a little before slicing.